Additional Information

*IN-STATE TUITION – Individuals can only apply for in-state tuition if they become a resident. Requirements to become a resident vary widely by state but you need to establish a physical presence in the state, an intent to stay there, and financial independence.

  • Physical Presence – Most states required you to live in the state for at least a full year before establishing residency. In most cases, this means students can’t go home during summer vacation.
  • Intent – Students must show they want to live in a state for reasons beyond just attending college there. Proven with a new driver’s license, voter registration card, pay stubs and a letter explaining your intentions to stay in that state.
  • Financial Independence -Students must prove some sort of financial independence. This definition varies widely, but it almost always involved students filing their own taxes. Some schools won’t let students receive any support from their parents, while other schools will allow parents to pay part of the tuition.

*OUT OF STATE TUITION – Public Universities charge out-of-state tuition for individuals who have not established residency.

*PROGRAMS OF STUDY – A curriculum of two or more courses that are intended or understood to lead to a degree, diploma, or certificate. It may include all or some of the courses required for completion of a degree program.

*OPEN ADMISSION POLICY – Genuinely only requires a high school diploma or a GED. ACT and SAT are not required.

*DEPARTMENTS – Division of a school or college focused on a particular academic area.